The Fan Fund for Australian and New Zealand (FFANZ) was created to strengthen ties between Australian and New Zealand fandom. This fan fund financially assists the winning FFANZ delegate with travel and associated costs to attend the Natcon of the other nation.
In 2017 FFANZ will send one New Zealand science fiction fan to the 2017 Australian Speculative Fiction Natcon, Continuum XIII, to be held in Melbourne, Victoria, over Queen’s Birthday Weekend, 9th-12th June, 2017.
Prospective candidates have until 8th May 2016 to file the documents required to nominate to run for the FFANZ ballot. Voting will run from 16th May 2016 to 12th June 2016.
Candidates should file the following documents:
- A brief letter stating their intent to run for FFANZ 2017.
- A nominator and a seconder, preferably a nominator from New Zealand and a seconder from Australia.
- A 100 word or less platform statement specifying the candidate’s reasons for running and qualifications for becoming the 2017 FFANZ delegate.
The duties of the winning candidate will be as follows:
Travel to Australia to attend Continuum XIII, to be held in Melbourne, Victoria, over Queen’s Birthday Weekend, 9th-12th June, 2017.
- Visit and get to know as many Australian Science Fiction fans as time will permit.
- Become the New Zealand FFANZ administrator until a replacement administrator is found. This normally happens when the administrator role is handed over to the succeeding NZ-bound delegate (in 2018 if a race is run every year).
- Raise funds and maintain an account to be used by the next Australian delegate(s) in 2018.
- Promote connections between Australian and New Zealand fandom by a trip report or other means.
Send required documents to:
firstname.lastname@example.org for New Zealand fans
email@example.com for Australian fans
More information about being a fan fund delegate can be found at http://ffanz.sf.org.nz/qanda.htm or http://ozfanfunds.com/ or https://www.facebook.com/FanFundANZ/